Department: Foundation for Culture & Heritage
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Intern (12 month)
Activity Level: 100%
Entry date: 01.10.2022
Application deadline: 21.08.2022
As the Research and Reference Intern, you will support the team with various tasks, aiming to be the source of reference on the history of the Olympic Movement and Games. You will also be in charge of guaranteeing the availability and dissemination of quality information.
• Respond to factual information requests from internal and external clients.
• Identify and collect the information sources required to create reference content and documents.
• Provide document support and verify historical data for internal and external publications.
• Assists the team in projects related to the curation and creation of knowledge databases (articles, documents).
• Updates information related to the history of the Olympic Games (athletes, editions, NOCs, sports...) into the results database.
• Assist with monitoring, filing and electronically managing the section’s documents.
• University degree or equivalent training in history or information/documentation.
• Excellent command of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Fluent in English or French, with good command of the other language (spoken and written)
• Good knowledge of the Olympic Movement and sport in general.
• Experience in a documentation or research centre, or in a position in a similar international environment.
• Good critical, analytical and synthesis skills.
• Ability to identify and validate information sources.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good writing ability for short texts.
• Good communication skills; ease and clarity of oral and written expression.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment, with colleagues and clients from diverse backgrounds.
• Initiative and autonomy.
• Ability to generate a work environment where teamwork contributes to improved performance.
• Strong interest in sports, culture and Olympism.
• Excellent command of the corporate tools and ability to follow the internal user rules (Outlook, etc.).